Why choose a Bridgestone apprenticeship?
A Bridgestone apprenticeship is a fantastic opportunity to work for a market leader within the automotive industry. It is also a great way to get a head start in a chosen career or to re-train for the career you’ve always wanted.
It combines paid on‑the-job training with formal studies completed at TAFE. Qualifications gained can be used to work anywhere in Australia and around the world.
About the role
Bridgestone and Lube Mobile jointly train apprentices to be mobile and store‑based mechanics.
The apprenticeship program develops highly skilled technicians that will excel in the servicing, diagnosis, and repair of modern motor vehicles along with providing exciting and challenging career opportunities.
Working for Bridgestone, you will help deliver our world renowned, superior quality and service to our customers; whilst maintaining the highest standard of workplace health & safety.
Working with our apprenticeship partner TAFE, you will receive the highest quality of training, gaining experience working in workshops and with our mobile mechanics in Lube Mobile.
- Above adult apprentice Award (pay) rates with additional benefits and staff discounts
- Support through a Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology
- Training and a Certificate II in Automotive Tyre Servicing Technology
- Career development opportunities (our MD, Heath Barclay started as a fitter in a Bridgestone store)
- Employee recognition programs and awards
- Permanent full-time position
- Great opportunity to work in a team environment and build lasting relationships.
- This opportunity is available to people of working age. You will need:
- Pass marks in Year 10 and/or successful completion of automotive VET studies
- Valid driver’s licence or eligible to get licence in first year
- Successful completion of pre-employment testing, interview and medical.
How to apply
Email a cover letter detailing why you think you would be suitable for the Bridgestone apprenticeship program. Add a copy or your up-to-date resume. Address it to our National Apprenticeship Program Manager at [email protected]
Once we have received your application, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity.
Bridgestone & Lube Mobile
The company is renowned for producing quality products and being at the forefront of technology, innovation and continuous improvement. With the expansion of Lube Mobile we have Australia’s largest mobile fleet of more than 200 vans providing tyre and auto service. Bridgestone offers exciting and challenging career opportunities for its employees Australia wide.