Bridgestone Australia Ltd (“Bridgestone”) stores use Bridgestone products designed, manufactured and authorised for use in Australian conditions. A reference to Bridgestone products includes Bridgestone, Firestone, Supercat and Dayton branded tyres.
These tyres come with guarantees regarding their quality and performance. Our customers are also covered by a manufacturer’s warranty for extra peace of mind. Bridgestone, as the supplier to Bridgestone retail stores, is the only company authorised to import these products into Australia.
All Bridgestone tyres come with a manufacturer's warranty that covers workmanship in manufacture on:
- All Bridgestone made tyres for the life of the tyres (Australian standards for legal tread depth) and applies to all Passenger, motorsport, 4x4/SUV, Light Truck, Truck & Bus, Bandag retread, Industrial, Agricultural and OTR tyres. It excludes Bridgestone and Firestone Earthmover and Firestone Agricultural tyres.
- Bridgestone-imported tyres and tubes for the life of the tyres and includes tyres bearing the Bridgestone, Firestone, Supercat or Dayton brand.
- Bridgestone does not provide a manufacturer's warranty on any Bridgestone manufactured tyre not imported by Bridgestone. If a tyre not imported by Bridgestone is defective or fails, any claims relating to that tyre are the responsibility of the importer - not Bridgestone.
- Bridgestone recommends having your tyres inspected by a tyre professional every year once they reach 5-years old, and to replace them after 10-years of age irrelevant of condition.
Please contact your local Bridgestone Select or Bridgestone Service Centre if you believe your Bridgestone or Firestone tyres may be defective.
Parallel Import NoticeBridgestone Australia Ltd (“Bridgestone”) would like to alert our customers to the importance of purchasing Bridgestone-branded tyres from authorised and reputable retail outlets. A reference to Bridgestone products includes Bridgestone, Firestone, Supercat and Dayton branded tyres.
Bridgestone is the only entity authorised by Bridgestone Corporation of Japan to import Bridgestone manufactured tyres into Australia.
Tyres imported by Bridgestone come with several guarantees regarding their quality and performance. It also means our customers are covered by a manufacturer's warranty for extra peace of mind.
The purchase of Bridgestone manufactured tyres from unauthorised importers means you may not have these assurances. If you are looking to purchase new Bridgestone manufactured tyres, we would strongly recommend you consider the following information carefully.
Quality and performance
There are a number of risks associated with the purchase of tyres form unauthorised importers:
- Unlike Bridgestone, unauthorised importers may not import tyres that are specifically designed for Australian conditions. This means they may meet an alternative specification which is less suitable for Australian driving conditions.
- Unauthorised importers may provide tyres that are a few years old by the time they arrive in Australia and they may have been stored in unfavourable conditions.
- The mixing of tyres not imported by Bridgestone with tyres imported by Bridgestone on the same vehicle could create uneven wear, with some tyres wearing out faster than others. This could affect the handling of a vehicle.
Bridgestone is able to guarantee the tyres it imports will have particular qualities. The unauthorised seller cannot provide this assurance for tyres not imported by Bridgestone.
This is important because:
- Bridgestone provides a manufacturer's warranty for the life of the tyre for manufacturing or material defects associated with the tyre.
- If a tyre not imported by Bridgestone is defective or fails, any claims relating to that tyre are the responsibility of the importer - not Bridgestone.
- Bridgestone does not provide a manufacturer's warranty on any Bridgestone tyre not imported by Bridgestone (with the exception of tyres fitted to new vehicles as original equipment tyres).
Our goods and services come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. For major failures with the service, you are entitled:
(1) to cancel your service contract with us; and
(2) to a refund for the unused portion, or to compensation for its reduced value.
You are also entitled to choose a refund or replacement for major failures with goods. If a failure with the goods or a service does not amount to a major failure, you are entitled to have the failure rectified in a reasonable time. If this is not done you are entitled to a refund for the goods and to cancel the contract for the service and obtain a refund of any unused portion. You are also entitled to be compensated for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage from a failure in the goods or service.
In short, the safest option is to ensure any Bridgestone manufactured tyres are purchased from an outlet supplied by Bridgestone.
If you are concerned about whether certain Bridgestone manufactured products have been imported by Bridgestone or by an unauthorised importer, please contact your supplier or Bridgestone.