Potenza Adrenalin RE002 - Return of the "Control Freak"
(Adelaide, May 4th 2011) - When the Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE001 first hit Australian shores in 2007, it was heralded as ‘the control freak', delivering outstanding performance in the hotly-contested street sport market segment.
Now, the control freak is back - further improved and better than ever - as the Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE002.
Already renowned for its sharp, responsive handling, the Potenza Adrenalin RE002 uses Bridgestone's latest technology to set the bar even higher.
As with the Adrenalin RE001, ex-Formula One driver Stefan Modena played a key role in developing the RE002 and believes the new generation retains the best aspects of the original tyre while pushing its performance levels even higher.
"With the RE001, we made a very good tyre, right on centre-point response and stability," Mr Modena said.
"This RE002 is an improvement, so anyone who drives on this tyre will have the perception of feeling the road beneath them.
"During lane-changing and on the slalom, the tyres feel harmonised so the car moves the front and rear wheels together always - and that's important for sports driving. And everything that has improved in the dry is also carried over on to wet roads."
The new Potenza Adrenalin RE002 features Bridgestone's latest technology including:
- Centre Rib: the new rib design replaces the original tyre's centre groove wall, delivering better feel and handling response;
- Wide offset Rib: for better handling response and turning performance;
- Combination block: boosts rigidity, suppresses deformation and gives more direct handling and stronger grip;
- Groove wall reinforcement: for strengthened lateral rigidity and more direct handling feel;
- Three-groove design: one less groove than the RE001 gives improved dry-handling performance;
- Silica-based compound: improves wet weather handling and rolling resistance;
- Pulse groove: motorsport-inspired wave design for better drainage and anti-hydroplaning performance; and
- Deflector: raised protrusions on the groove floor also help improve drainage and help prevent hydroplaning.
Claudio Sodano, National Technical Field Service Manager for Bridgestone Australia Ltd, said the Potenza Adrenalin RE002 delivered "significant benefits" over its predecessor.
"The RE002 delivers higher cornering power than the first-generation Adrenalin, which was already a leader in its class," Mr Sodano said.
"Cornering power is up by 13 per-cent and Bridgestone's testing also shows the new generation Adrenalin delivers better traceability, which is the tyre's ability to stay on a line under limit cornering."
Performance for every driver
The Potenza Adrenalin RE002 is available in a huge range of sizes, from 195/50R15 to suit Ford Fiesta and Honda Civic right through to 17, 18 and 19-inch sizes to suit Falcon XR6/XR8 and the HSV Clubsport R8.
"Adrenalin has been a big success story for Bridgestone Australia since we introduced the first generation tyre in 2007 and we believe RE002 will take that success to another level," said Mr Nobuyuki Mieno, Bridgestone Australia Ltd's Group Chairman and Managing
"It's a tyre that suits so many vehicles that almost every Australian motorist will be able to have a version of Bridgestone's race-winning Potenza pedigree on their car."
The Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE002 will be available throughout Bridgestone's retail network from June 1, 2011 and will be available in the following sizes:
Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE002 Sizes
| 195/55R15|| 225/50R16|| 225/45R18|
| 205/55R15|| 205/50R17|| 245/45R18|
| 205/55R16|| 215/50R17|| 205/40R17|
| 215/55R16|| 225/50R17|| 215/40R17|
| 225/55R16|| 205/45R16|| 245/40R17|
| 215/55R17|| 205/45R17|| 225/40R18|
| 225/55R17|| 215/45R17|| 235/40R18|
| 195/50R15|| 225/45R17|| 245/40R18|
| 205/50R15|| 235/45R17|| 265/35R18|
| 205/50R16|| 245/45R17|| 245/35R19|