Corporate Environmental Policy
Bridgestone Australia Ltd.
We will develop, produce and provide competitive products and services to meet customer requirements whilst operating in an environmentally responsible manner.
The policy is a statement of our commitment to a pro-active approach for pollution prevention, and for meeting or exceeding where we can, the applicable environmental standards and legislation, and for aiming towards continuous improvement of our environmental performance.
We are committed to effective environmental management and continual improvement of environmental performance by the company in its’ Australian operations. We plan to achieve this by:
- Implementing and maintaining third party certified AS/NZS ISO 14001:1996 environmental management systems at our manufacturing operations;
- Striving for a position of recognised responsible environmental management within our business operations;
- Aiming for best environmental practice across our operations, in order to reduce their impact on the environment;
- Regularly reviewing and setting environmental objectives and targets across our Australian operations; and
- Encouraging and communicating environmental awareness and responsibility amongst our employees, our supply chain, our dealers, our customers, shareholders and the community.